How to prepare yogurt sponge cake?
This is a bakery item which can be prepared very quickly and taste sweet.
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g (1/2 cup) Sugar(Beet sugar, Unrefined sugar, USDA Organic sugar, and Raw sugar can be used but not white sugar, or refined sugar)
- 150 ml(2/3 cup) yogurt
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups of chopped fruits -apples, bananas, pears, peaches, pineapple, apricots, or a mixture
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar(Beet sugar, Unrefined sugar, USDA Organic sugar, and Raw sugar can be used but not white sugar, or refined sugar)
- Cake tins – 2 round sandwich tins, greased and floured
- Oven temperature – 180C (350F/ gas mark 4)
- Baking time – 20 minutes
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together. In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt ,oil and vanilla essence.
- Combine the two mixtures and beat for a minute with a spoon.
- Pour into the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 min
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack. let it cool completely before filling.
- Peel and chop the fruits
- Cook over low heat until soft
- Add lemon juice and sugar and mash with a fork or masher
- Leave to cool slightly before spreading on the cake
- The cake recipe can be used to make plain vanilla cup cakes too
- If you can not get self raising flour make it at home by sifting together flour and baking powder in this proportion :- 1 tsp of baking powder to each 100g(1cup) of flour. mix them thoroughly and sieve them twice or thrice.
- Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place