How to make Coriander chutney ?
- Coriander – 1 bunch
- chana dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 3 tbsp
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp +1 tsp (for tempering)
- cumin seeds -1 tsp
- dry red chillies – 2
- dry tamarind – small piece (about 2 inches)
(or 1 1/2 tsp tamarind paste)
- salt to taste
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- oil – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp (for tempering)
- sugar – 1 tbsp (optional)
- curry leaves around 5 -6 leaves(for tempering )
- Wash and clean the coriander, remove the thick stalks and separate the leaves and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, at medium heat. Add mustard seeds and let them splatter.
- Now to the above add cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, and dry red chilly. If using dry tamarind add it now and let them fry until brown.
- To the above add the coriander leaves and cook for 2 minute and remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Grind the fried mixture into a fine paste using a little water and if using the tamarind paste or tamarind pulp add in this stage.
- Transfer the chutney from the blender/ grinder into a bowl.
- In a small pan heat the oil (1 tsp) on medium heat and add mustard seeds and let them splatter. To this add curry leaves and let them fry for a minute. Now add this to the above ground chutney as garnish.
- Serve the chutney with rice, idli, dosas, or vada to Lord Krishna and enjoy His Prasadam