How to prepare Tomato Soup ?
- 10 – 12 Large tomatoes
- 1 – 2 large carrots
- 3/4 single cream
- 1 celery stick (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 litre water
- Blanch the tomatoes – Put the tomatoes into boiling water and leave them for few minutes till the skin cooks and leaves the tomato. At this stage remove the tomatoes and put them in cold water. Peel off the skin and use the tomato flesh for the recipe.
- Prepare the vegetables – wash , peel and cut the carrot into cubes.
If you are using celery and bell pepper, wash and cube them too.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add olive oil and heat it on medium heat. To this add all the prepared vegetables except tomatoes and roast them for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now add the softened tomatoes to the above vegetables and followed by salt, ground black pepper and water. Cover and bring to boil and continue until all the vegetables are soft.
- Once soft remove from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes and blend them with the help of a blender.
- Add the single cream on top for garnish.
- Serve them hot with croutons or as it is to Lord Krishna and enjoy His Prasadam.