How to prepare Lemon Rice?
Lemon is very good for health and this dish serves for 2 people.
- Mustard seed- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Chana dal -1ts
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Peanuts -handful
- Cashew nuts -handful (optional)
- Dry red chillies -2
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh chillies -2 split into two through centre
- Fresh curry leaves a handful
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice either pressure cook the rice or cook it on hob with the usual measurements (rice: water= 1:1.5\ 2 ) just add a little approximately 1 tsp of oil to it while cooking. The oil will make the rice very fluffy.
- Let the rice cool a little
- Meanwhile we will make the tempering / tadaka
- In a small pan / kadai heat the oil and add the cashew nuts (if using) and peanuts and let them turn brown.
- To the above add mustard, cumin urad dal and chana dal and let them splatter
- Now to the above add dry chillies and asafoetida and turmeric powder
- Add curry leaves and green chillies, once they are fried and the chillies turn a little white in color add the whole tempering to the rice.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and mix well(preferably with hands crashing the dry chillies)
- Serve in a bowl to krishna and then take the prasadam