How to prepare Spinach Soup ?
- Spinach (palak) – 2 big bucnhes/ Two 250 g bags
- 2 small celery sticks
- 1 small potato
- 1 tsp of olive oil or 1 tsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3/4 litre of water
- 3/4 cup of single cream
- Prepare the vegetables
- Wash and peel potato and cube them.
- Wash the spinach leaves a couple of times and then chop them.
- Wash and chop the celery sticks into small cubes.
- In a medium sized saucepan add olive oil / butter and heat on medium heat.
- To the oil/ butter add potato and celery and cook them. Add water to the above and boil till soft.
- Add spinach (spinach is always added at the last as it doesn’t require a lot of time to cook like the other vegetables). As the spinach hits the heat it start to give out a lot of water.
- Add salt and ground black pepper.
- Once the spinach is cooked, remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes
- Blend with the help of a blender.
- Garnish with single cream.
- Serve hot to Lord Krishna and enjoy his Prasadam.