Coconut Cream Fudge
A milk sweet that uses coconut instead of chocolate
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 25 pieces
- 2 cups finely grated fresh coconut.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 cup light cream.
- 3/4 cup Sugar(Beet sugar, Unrefined sugar, USDA Organic sugar, and Raw sugar can be used but not white sugar, or refined sugar).
- Combine the coconut, milk, cream, and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Boil the mixture over high heat.
- Stirring constantly, cook the mixture vigorously until it is reduced to about one-half volume. Lower the heat to moderate and continue reducing while stirring rhythmically and steadily until the mixture forms a firm mass that pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Scrape the coconut fudge onto a lightly buttered tray and press the mixture with a spatula into a 6 x 6 inch slab and let cool.
- Cut into 25 squares. Store in an airtight container. May be refrigerated for up to two weeks.